- Sworn in as Hanover Town Clerk May 18, 2013
- Elected Hanover Town Clerk May 11, 2013
- Volunteered to assist with the Document Preservation Project in the Hanover Town Clerk's Office for over a year prior to her election
- Appointed to serve the town as an election worker in 2008
- Member of the HHS-Yes! Steering Committee that won passage of the new Hanover High School ballot question in 2008, paving the way for the new Hanover High School
- Member and chair, Hanover Parks and Recreation Committee; chaired committee that wrote the first-ever Recreation Master Plan for the Town of Hanover
- Founder, writer, editor of Hanover's "Around Town on the Web" e-mail newsletter beginning in 2004
- Member of the Friends of the John Curtis Library
- Cub Scout Pack 39 den leader, Troop 38 committee member, mother of an Eagle Scout
- Hanover Youth Athletic Association softball coach and softball page webmaster
- As her two children entered the Hanover Schools, she served as a member or chair of the Center/Sylvester Elementary School Council, Superintendent Search Committee, Curriculum Council,
Professional Development Committee, Future's Team and Hanover High School's School Council
- Volunteered and became a branch board member of the South Shore YMCA, including time as the co-chair of the Community Campaign Committee that raised $6 million dollars to build the new pools and
locker rooms at the Mill Pond YMCA in Hanover
- Served as Advisory Committee liaison to the Town Clerk's Office and as a member of the Capital Improvement Committee
- Received first appointment to a town board, the Advisory Committee, from George Lewald in 1992
- Volunteered to work on Jan O'Brien's campaign in 1991; became Jan's Hanover campaign manager for the 1993 and 1995 campaigns. Also served as campaign manager when Jan later ran for and was
elected Town Moderator.
Cathy was born on October 21 and raised in Waccabuc, New York. She spent every summer vacation as a child in Marshfield and Duxbury, MA with aunt, uncle, cousins and grandparents. She
graduated from Arlington High School in Freedom Plains, New York, and went on to receive a Bachelor's of Arts in Psychology degree with a concentration in Political Science from the University of
Vermont. She then received a Master's of Science in Education degree from Indiana University. She moved to Hanover in 1991.
If you have more questions regarding Cathy's public service, please don't hesitate to contact her! For more information about her professional and volunteer roles, check out Cathy's Linkedin Profile.